Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Week 1 Assignment for the Dedicant Program

Why have you chosen to take the first steps on the Dedicant Path?
I have chosen to take the Dedicant Path, because I wish to learn in a structured way. The DP lays things out in a way that I feel will help me learn.  

Is this a step on your path, or will this become the Path itself?
I hope it will become the path itself, but it is most certainly a step on the path also. I have been pagan for around 20 years, and my path has had many twists and turns, and sometimes lots of brambles and brush in the way. I keep forging ahead diligently, sometimes just going with the flow, sometimes creating my own waves.

 What do you expect to learn?
I expect to learn what I am supposed to learn.  

What would you like to get out of this journey?
I would like to get a better understanding of not only scholarly subjects, but also about the world and more about the 3 Kindreds with us from day to day.

 Do you know where this path will take you?
Do any of us really know where our path will take us? I'm hoping it will better myself as a Pagan, and my role for the Pagan community,

 If you have just joined ADF, why have you chosen to work on this immediately?
It was one of the main reasons I wanted to join. It was less about the 'status' of being an ADF member, and more about the scholarly and spiritual aspects of learning. It was the thing that most attracted me to the ADF. Though.. the little membership card is pretty cool ;)

 If you have been in ADF for a long time, why are you starting only now?
n/a

 Does it look hard or easy?
It seems like a challenge, as it has been a long time since I have had to learn anything with assignments. However, depending on how hard or easy it is, just depends on the work I put into it.

 Which requirements appear to be difficult to you now, andwhich appear to be easy?
Mainly finding the time with working, being a mom, and a wife. For this reason, I don't have a lot of time to sit and read, even though I love reading. I would have to say the book reports.

 Do you have doubts, questions, or concerns that you need to ask about?
Not right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment