Sunday, December 6, 2009

What is this blog about?

Yet another pagan blog on the internet.

I find that there are many, a lot of which have good things to say. Some are about politics concerning pagans, others are very personal documentations of personal growth. Well, I'm not particularly a political pagan, so mine will be more documenting personal growth, and other things that may or may not make you think a little bit.

I am a pagan of 20 some odd years, about to alter my path a little by joining the ADF (www.adf.org or: Ár nDraíocht Féin: A Druid Fellowship which is an international fellowship devoted to creating a public tradition of Neopagan Druidry. ) My best suggestion is to follow the link to find out more. I was Asatru for a number of years and found that the reconstructionism aspect left me feeling a little constricted. Asatru is wonderful for those wanting to embark on a tradition solely based on the Norse deities and traditions, however, outside influences are not as welcome, say if you have an interest in Greek or Celtic ways. The ADF however encourages studies based on the Proto-Indo-European modern paths, and history of the P.I.E. cultures, etc.
They seem to recognize the potential and need for spiritual growth, and it was that I felt I was lacking by just sticking to the Norse Reconstructionist Path. So I truly feel that the ADF can put me in the right, so to speak, spiritually, and the study programs within the ADF seem to be very scholarly-sound. It also doesn't help that I'm a little bit on the Discordian side.. that philosophy has always intrigued me, and knowing there are the "Michael Dangler's" out there in the world.. it's a bit more comforting to know I'm not a lone wolf.. or lone banana or orange as the case may be.. lol

With that being said.. I look forward to blogging about whatever comes up in my head. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment